Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What is happening?

I watched a video on "Florida campus cops on leave after taser incident." After watching this video I was very outraged at the way these cops handled this situation. Andrew Meyer is a student at Florida state and has the same rights all americans have. He has freedom of speech. By tasering him he lost that right. This student did absolutely nothing wrong and shouldn't have been punished the way he was. Andrew has the right to stand up for what he believes in and say what he feels. In no way was what he did, harmful to anybody around him. I can see if he started to get violent or cussing, and screaming with no purpose then tasering would have been an understandable option. But solely just expressing your thoughts and concerns should not be punished. This made me want to write a letter of some sort to president Bush and explain my feelings, but Id probably get tasered.


This goes to show you how bad Americans have become. We are not thinking before we act. We are doing things that we know sooner or later we will regret. I ask you this, what has happened? I watched this video a few times to see if my perspective would change, it never did. Mr. Meyer has every right to tell Sen. John Kerry what he thinks. He knew he had the freedom of speech, if he didn't have it he most likely would have not done this.

No comments: