Thursday, September 27, 2007

Unfair- it's part of our history.

Last call for Drive-In theater. The Cinderella Twin Drive-in theater is going to be torn down and replaced by apartment complexes. I can remember going there when I was younger and being up until two or three in the morning watching movies on a screen that I thought was the biggest screen in the entire world. I would beg my parents every weekend to go to the drive-in, this was a huge thing for me. It holds so many of my memories and i'll never forget it. I honestly think it's the worst idea to even think about replacing this magnificent place with apartments that are already all over Colorado. These types of theaters are rare there are only two in the entire state of Colorado. In the article even the owner doesn't want to let it go but complains that the money he could get is the reason he must sell it. I think someone should start a protest or get out there and stop this idiodic idea of building EVEN MORE apartments. The Drive-in has a special spot in many people's hearts and always will. It holds memories, experiences, laughs, and even some romances. It is completely selfish to tear it down. Even when I talk to my dad about them replacing it, he frowns and tells me stories of his memories he had there. 2-3 generations have experiened this great place, why stop there I want to be able to take my grandkids and start a whole new generation of memories. Why does greed have to overcome whats right? In 7th grade I read a book called "Hoot", by Carl Hiaasen. It's a story of how three kids save a pancake house and the many burrowing owls that live beneath it from being demolished. I think someone should do that for our Drive-In. Someone should make a stand and help the owner realize it's wrong to replace laughter, memories and love with greed and money. This shouldn't be demolished even though its to late to do something about it I will always remember it.

No comments: